SALES AND SERVICE PRINTRONIX
PUSAT INFORMASI LAYANAN PRINTRONIX
Printronix’s printers are primarily used in industrial environments for printing high-volume labels, bar-codes, invoices, manifest and bill of lading documents, delivery sheets, reports, build/broadcast sheets, green bar and bank statements. PrintNet Enterprise Suite (PNE), a web-based application allowing administrators to network and manage all Printronix line-matrix printers from a single computer, was launched in 2007. Printronix also offers consumables, parts, accessories, service and software.
Printronix was founded in 1974 by Robert A. Kleist and business partner Gordon B. Barrus, David Mayne, and three other partners. For three years, 1971-1974, Gordon B. Barrus worked out of his life-long friend's garage in Playa Del Rey, California, founding what would end up being a nine-figure gross success by 1994 and 1996. The Printronix team worked hard, day and night, and by three years time, Gordon B. Barrus developed and invented what he christened as the P300, a 300-line-per-minute (LPM) prototype line printer series. The company would eventually incorporate, go public on the Nasdaq, and see great success in the coming years with the emergence of the personal computer. Printronix was an astounding plethora of success, more than anyone who founded the baby ever dreamt it would become, all due to the luck of being at the right place at the right time. Back in the days of the late 1900s, there was a capital need for businesses to store all their data via printing, so Gordon B. Barrus took the risk, quit his job at Data Products, and worked on a company he named Eikon. This company would sell industrial-grade printers to businesses to fulfill this need, but lack of investment killed the company, and Gordon started all the way back into his friend's garage to found Printronix. They would gather four other people to get on board with the idea, including Bob A. Kleist, Mel Posin, Ray Melissa, and David Mayne, and by 1996, all of them were laughing all the way to the bank. By then, Printronix would have well over 150M in gross revenue, and everyone at the company was proud of their hard work. But years later, the dream would end, and in January 2008, Printronix was acquired by Vector Capital and became a private company and in 2009 Printronix acquired its closest competitor, TallyGenicom. As a result of the TallyGenicom acquisition, Printronix now owns the intellectual property for the TallyGenicom line printers. Printronix was acquired by Corona Investment Partners, a New York City based private investment firm in January 2013. Werner Heid was appointed CEO of Printronix in 2015, taking over from Randy Eisenbach who retired from the board after a 6-year tenure. Heid was the CEO of Iomega Corp before taking over the reins at Printronix.
- 1976: Printronix goes Public and trades on the Nasdaq.
- 1981: Opens Holland manufacturing facility and expands global operations to Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
- 1985: Operations expand into Asia-Pacific with the opening of the Singapore Facility.
- 1995: Printronix enters the Indian Market and signs agreement with Wipro.
- 1998: Expansion into the China Market.
- 2001: Printronix acquires RJS and enters the scanner/ verifier market.
- 2008: Acquired by Vector Capital, Printronix becomes a Private Company.
- 2009: Printronix acquires TallyGenicom.
- 2013: Corona Investments acquires Printronix.
Highlights P8000 Last Series Printronix Line Printer
Printronix P8000 Cabinet Line Matrix Printer delivers the most flexible design, adaptable functionality and manageable savings of any line matrix printer. With the Enclosed Cabinet model, you gain multiple options for paper handling including:
- Optional Rear Slide-Out Paper Drawer with ergonomic features, such as lifting handles that provide the user easier handling and better grip on full box loads
- Optional Front Paper Access, which is ideal for supporting operations in confined spaces
- Optional Expanded Doors to accommodate larger forms
- Our quietest printer for environments where noise is a consideration
- Configurations and printing speeds ranging from 500 to 2,000 lines per minute
Flexible Design. Printronix modified its industry-leading line matrix technology to address evolving user requirements.
- Sheet metal promotes increased durability and quieter acoustics
Adaptable Functionality. The P8000 Cartridge series adapts to almost any supply-chain or back-office environment.
- USB 2.0 and Serial connectivity included as standard features. Parallel and Ethernet available as options.
- PowerPrint™ delivers improved print clarity and print darkness on multi-part forms by increasing impact energy. PowerPrint is a standard feature on P8000 printers with a 500 or 1,000 line-per- minute print speed.
Manageable Savings. The Printronix P8000 Cartridge is a smart purchase.
- New backward-compatible cartridge ribbon reduces inventory management cost and eliminates ordering and installation confusion
- Enhanced remote management functionality allows you to manage configuration settings and monitor printer status & ribbon life from anywhere.
- New energy efficient technology lowers idle power consumption by 55% and boosts operating efficiency
Printronix P8000 Specifications
- Standard: USB 2.0, Serial RS-232, Ethernet 10/100BaseT
- Optional: Parallel – IEEE 1284 Centronics
Character Pitch (characters per inch)
- 10, 12, 13.3, 15, 16.7, 17.1, 18, 20
Line Spacing (lines per inch)
- 6, 8, 9, 10.3, n/72, n/216
- 120 dpi Horizontal, 144 dpi Vertical (max)
- 16.7 mil (.42mm)
- Standard: LP+ (Printronix P-Series, P-Series XQ,Serial Matrix, IBM ProPrinter III XL,Epson FX-1050), ANSI, PCL 2, TN5250/TN3270, Graphics Emulation PGL & VGL
- Optional: IPDS, DEC LG
- 99 plus character sets including ECMA Latin 1, DEC Multinational, IBM Code Page 437 and 850, OCR A, OCR B, UTF8 encoded Unicode
- Bold, italic, double wide, double high, overstrike, underline, subscript and superscript
- NLQ Serif, NLQ Sans Serif, Data Processing, High Speed, OCR A, OCR B
- 30 resident symbologies, including Code 39, EAN 8/13, UPC A/E, Intelligent Mail, Postnet, Royal Mail, Interleaved 2 of 5, PDF 417, Data Matrix
- Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software, SAP device support
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 10; Windows Server 2003, 2008/R2, 2012, 2016; Linux/UNIX; SAP
- AC input range 100-240 VAC, 50/60 HZ
Power Consumption (typical) • P8P05 / P8C05 / P8Z05 320 watts • P8P10 / P8C10 / P8Z10 320 watts • P8C15 475 watts • P8C20 475 watts Power Consumption (Standby)
- 5 watts
- Environmental Operating Temperature 50° to 104° F, 10° to 40° C
- Continuous, fan folded, edge-perforation
- 13.6″ (345mm)
- Up to 6 part
- 3” (76mm) to 12” (305mm)
Media THICKNESS MULTI-PART
- 0.025” (0.64mm) max
- 3″ (76mm) to 17″ (432mm)
- For Zero Tear models:
- 7.5” (191mm) to 12” (305mm) for up to 4 part carbon and 6 part carbonless
- 7.5” (191mm) to 16” (406mm) for up to 3 part carbon and 4 part carbonless
Media Weight Single Ply
- 15 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (56 to 163 gm/M2)
- For Zero Tear models:
- 18 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (67.7 to 163 gm/M2) for forms up to 12” (305mm) in width
- 20 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (75.2 to 163gm/M2) for forms up to 16” (406mm) in width
- 10,000 hours at 25% duty cycle and 25% page density
- Standard Life Cartridge Ribbon: 17,000 pages
- Extended Life Cartridge Ribbon: 30,000 pages
Page yield based on ISO LSA Page, 8.5″ x 11″ letter-size, approximately 5% coverage Height:
- 40.5” (1028.7 mm)
- 27″ (685.8 mm)
- 29″ (736.6 mm)
- 200 lbs (90.7 Kg)
Shipping Printer Weight:
- 265 lbs (120.2 Kg)
Acoustic Noise (dBA) per ISO 7779:
- P8205: 50
- P8210: 50
- P8215: 52
- P8220: 55
About Printronix Inc.
Printronix is a global leader in printing technologies for the industrial marketplace and distribution supply chain. Its integrated network solutions improve the printing of bar codes, labels and forms, verify accuracy and offer unequaled diagnostic technology. Printronix's advanced solutions work with its industry-recognized line matrix, thermal and laser printers to deliver the most reliable printing available for enterprise networks. The company is based in Irvine, Calif., and its common stock is traded on NASDAQ under the symbol PTNX.
Printronix Inc., (Nasdaq:PTNX) is a global leader enabling printing technologies for the industrial marketplace and distribution supply chain. It is the world's best-selling line matrix printer manufacturer and has earned an outstanding reputation for its high-performance thermal and fanfold laser printers. In addition, Printronix adapts new technologies to create innovative programs, including RFID "smart label" and wireless mobile printers. Printronix's integrated network programs, such as Online Data Validation (ODV(TM)) and PrintNet(R) Enterprise, improve the printing of bar codes, labels and forms while verifying accuracy and offering unparalleled diagnostic technology. Based in Irvine, Calif., Printronix has operations worldwide. For more information: www.printronix.com.
Printronix Aceh Printronix Sumatera Utara Printronix Sumatera Barat Printronix Riau Printronix Kepulauan Riau Printronix Jambi Printronix Bengkulu Printronix Sumatera Selatan Printronix Kepulauan Bangka Belitung Printronix Lampung Printronix Banten Printronix Jawa Barat Printronix Banten Printronix DKI Jakarta Printronix Jawa Tengah Printronix DI Yogyakarta Printronix Jawa TImur Printronix Bali Printronix Nusa Tenggara Barat Printronix Nusa Tenggara Timur Printronix Kalimantan Utara Printronix Kalimantan Barat Printronix Kalimantan Tengah Printronix Kalimantan Selatan Printronix Kalimantan Timur Printronix Gorontalo Printronix Sulawesi Utara Printronix Sulawesi Barat Printronix Sulawesi Tengah Printronix Sulawesi Selatan Printronix Sulawesi Tenggara Printronix Maluku Utara Printronix Maluku Printronix Papua Barat Printronix Papua Printronix Banda Aceh Printronix Medan Printronix Padang Printronix Pekanbaru Printronix Tanjung Pinang Printronix Jambi Printronix Bengkulu Printronix Palembang Printronix Pangkalpinang Printronix Bandar Lampung Printronix Serang Printronix Bandung Printronix Jakarta Printronix Semarang Printronix Yogyakarta Printronix Surabaya Printronix Denpasar Printronix Mataram Printronix Kupang Printronix Tanjungselor Printronix Pontianak Printronix Palangkaraya Printronix Banjarmasin Printronix Samarinda Printronix Gorontalo Printronix Manado Printronix Mamuju Printronix Palu Printronix Makassar Printronix Kendari Printronix Sofifi Printronix Ambon Printronix Manokwari Printronix Jayapura